After studying fashion design at Saint Martins School in London, Mathilde Le Gagneur put her talent at the service of Louis Vuitton in Paris where she worked as a leather goods designer for several years.
Three years ago, Mathilde decided to leave the Parisian life, to settle in the Normandy countryside and thus get closer to nature and the rhythm of the seasons. The evidence then becomes to embark on a project that corresponds to her values and her need for freedom by creating the responsible fashion brand ATELIER LE GAGNEUR.
ATELIER evokes the made in France, the artisanal manufacture of quality. GAGNEUR is a common name with a positive consonance, but also a proper name that claims a peasant Norman identity close to the land.
Mathilde draws her inspiration from what surrounds her, the landscapes of Normandy, everyday experiences, old objects, vintage, photographs and images of past decades. She creates bags that meet the desires and needs of women, both functional and elegant, raw and sophisticated.
Atelier Legagneur : the brand
Atelier Le Gagneur …
– Bags for women, imagined in the heart of Normandy and made in France.
– A concern for quality through products that are well-maintained and durable over time.
– Authentic creations that value the French know-how and are handmade entirely in the north of France.
– The use of quality raw materials with guaranteed traceability, selected for the sake of respect for the environment.
– Products marketed solely through the website to promote direct sales, and eliminate the commercial margins inherent in resale by distributors. The margins we realize are about 2.5 times the cost price of the product.
– A brand committed in a global way in an approach of preservation of the environment.
Atelier Legagneur : materials
The bags are made from raw linen, having undergone a water repellent treatment and benefiting from the Oeko Tex label. Woven in Belgium and labeled “Masters of linen“, this fabric comes from a sector whose all stages of manufacture are European. The world production of flax is 65% in France: “the flax fields, spread from Normandy to the north of our country, so it is the local material par excellence”.
The leather comes from a certified French industry. It is a full grain cow leather with vegetable tanning, commonly called vegetable leather. Vegetable tanning means that the treatment of leather is made exclusively from natural raw materials and therefore fully respectful of the environment. This leather can present irregularities that make it special, it is an organic and living material that can not claim a perfect uniformity, there is its richness. Over time he will skate and soften to gain character.
All orders come with a tote bag printed and made in Normandy, made from old cotton and linen canvas which finds here a new destiny.
Boxes used for shipments are also manufactured in a French craft company. “The boxes, as well as the wrapping paper, and the paper of our postcards, labels, etc., are made of 100% recycled materials,” says Mathilde.
Linen is SOCIAL !
Pinterest: We Are Linen
Vimeo: We are Linen